Saturday, June 5, 2010

WOW.

I have ten minutes before leaving on our sailing trip to update on the last couple days.

First, I went on an amaaaazing tour to the Lamanai ruins. I took the water taxi in, an hour minivan ride north, then a 2 hour riverboat ride to the ruins through the swampy crocodile infested river. While on the riverboat a spider money came down from the tree, into our boat and sat on my lap. I got an awesome picture, wish I could upload it!! In the jungle we saw every kind of tree and insect you can imagine. Key lime, all spice, guava, mango, papaya, and glue trees. Howler moneys, spider monkeys, frogs, crazy weird insects, and other creatures. We climbed to the top of the ruins and overlooked the top of the jungle and river. It was incredible.

Yesterday I spent all day with a girl I met from Ireland, Lauren. We swam in the crystal clear aqua water at the end of the island for nearly 6 hours. They have tables in the water where people hang out and listen to the great music playing. I met people from all over the world. A couple from the Netherlands showed me a video of them snorkeling with a whale shork...SO COOL!! We then watched the sunset, bummed around, and went to trivia with 5 others that we met. We sang along to Oasis and Kings of Leon with a group of people from England outside the sports bar. Everything has been amazing. Everyone I've met is so down to earth, up for doing whatever, and incredibly nice.

Wish I had more time to write. I'm leaving on a 3 day sailing trip with Lauren and 12 others. The crew is awesome. We'll be pitching tents on remote islands, snorkeling our faces off, fishing, eating amazing food and having a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment